Invoices are a basic tool of keeping business accounts and it is very important to have invoices for a business to provide customers with a proof of confirmation and also to help the businessman retain a copy of the purchase for his accountings or stock related purposes. Making a business invoice is basically a very simple job and Microsoft word makes it all the more simple by helping an individual to create a invoice for his/her business with ease. The following points discussed below will help anybody to create an invoice of their choice.
- Generally, Invoice templates are made in MS Excel. However, MS word also provides some pre-built layouts which can be used for scripting an invoice template.
- If the user is satisfied by any of the pre-built layouts, the remaining task is quite simpler. He just needs to customize the same with his own company name, logo and address. He may also change a few font styles, colors and table layouts.
- However, if the user determines to craft an invoice template from scratch, the job is a bit lengthy.
- He needs to insert his company name, logo, address and company details in the proper place and in the right color and font.
- He also needs to insert details of the company or the person for whom the invoice is to be formulated.
- Space must be provided for clear mention of the purpose (business transaction) for which the invoice template will be used.
- The details of services rendered or products sold, their unit price and the total cost incurred must be documented in a tabular format. The table option is available in MS word.
- Finally, lineation must be made for any rebates given, taxes levied and the final net amount to be paid by the customer.
- Space must be made in the invoice template for authorized signature and stamp of the organization which issues the concerned invoice.