An invoice template is a bill of sale document which outlines the financial exchanges between two individual, companies or business organizations regarding the purchase of products or the utilisation of service of one by the other. An invoice template must be typed out carefully since it is an important document. Care should be taken to include all necessary details and there should be no omission or error in the invoice template. Some of the important points to keep in mind while typing an invoice template are as follows:
- An invoice template must be created on a software like MS Excel which will provide the user with pre designed rows and columns within which to place the various components of the invoice template.
- The invoice template must be free of careless mistakes. The various components like description of items sold, price of each unit, the number of units sold and the subtotal and line total of the transaction. All these components must be given visibility and proper places in the template.
- An invoice template should be cross checked a number of times, and colour and other additional touches can be given to make it look more professional and business like. The template should be concise yet comprehensive to ensure that all the major parts are included.
- Any specific terms and conditions which the invoice can be used to convey must be mentioned within the template itself. This may include information like mode of payment, acceptance of credit or debit cards, date of payments; instalments left if any and so on.
- The invoice template can also be provided with a brief outline of the company’s aims if the space permits. If not, the company’s motto can be made part of the invoice template. This can be typed out in a nice font lending a customised or personalised touch to the document.